Soon it will contain information on how Help and Care can help you if you are paying for and/or organising your own support.
Even if you are not paying for your own support you might still feel inspired by our section on 'Making this about Me'. Follow the links to read inspirational stories from people who have organised their support that is personal to them.
You might need help to devise a Support Plan - and not all the support you will need will need to be 'paid for'. Our section on 'Making this about Me' could help you to find ways to get support without having to pay for it.
If you already know what you want then follow the links to the Directory section and search for local providers, people, community groups or networks who could support you.
Help and Care staff could help you to;
- Give you general advice and information
- Signpost you to other helpful organisations if we cannot help you ourselves
- Identify your support needs
- Explore your options for support
- Help you decide what is right for you
- Devise a Support Plan
- Organise your support that is personal to you
- Employ your own assistant(s) and advise you about all that that entails
- Review your support plan
- Help you to speak out if you feel you are not being heard
- Help you with paperwork, complaints or completing forms
Please do not hesitate to call on of our Gateway team on 0300 111 3303 who will be happy to answer your questions. If we cannot help you ourselves we will signpost you to someone who can.