What is health coaching?
Managing life with a health condition is not always easy. Understanding and keeping track of medications, treatments, tests, and appointments with healthcare professionals are important, but health conditions also affect our emotions, social life, hobbies, and day-to-day routines at home.
Clinical healthcare professionals, like doctors and nurses, can be really important to help us manage the medical aspects of our health, and health coaches can help us manage the emotional and practical impact in our day-to-day life.
Help & Care’s health coaches can support people living with a health condition to feel more confident. We have lots of experience on the following subjects:
- Managing pain and fatigue
- Preparing for appointments
- Accessing information to understand conditions and treatments
- Feeling more confident getting out and about
- Building a network of support around you