Dorset - wide organisations
Dorset Blind Association
17 Bournemouth Road
Tel: 01202 712869
Free Helpline: 08000 19 20 77
The Home Visiting Service is a flexible service offered by volunteers for anyone who is blind or partially sighted living in Dorset:
• One off visit – some sewing, rewriting address/telephone books into large print.
• Specific tasks – sort letters, junk mail, tidy cupboards, write greetings cards etc.
• Short term visits – whilst a person adjusts to new sight condition.
• Regular visits – befriending, a chat over a cup of tea.
• Take a member for a walk or to choose gifts for family or friend.
Dorset Blind Association also has a resource centre for people who are visually or hearing impaired throughout Dorset with advice, support, contacts, information and equipment, and social opportunities across the county.