Complain about your GP, dentist, pharmacist, or optometrist

If you wish to make a comment or complaint about your GP, dentist, pharmacist or optometrist your first option is to approach them directly to see if the situation can be resolved. Contact:

  • your GP surgery’s Practice Manager who can provide advice and information to help you sort queries quickly and easily

  • Dentists, pharmacists and optometrists will also have a similar process in place within their practices ask to speak to their Practice/Service Manager

  • If you are unhappy with the response or you do not feel your complaint is being dealt with efficiently or properly investigated you can also complain to NHS England at:

NHS Commissioning Board

PO Box 16738
B97 9PT
Tel: 0300 311 2233

Opening hours: 8am – 6pm – Monday to Friday, excluding English Bank Holidays.

In general, NHS England commissions most primary care services like GP and dental services.  CCG, oversee the commissioning of secondary care such as hospital care and some community services.

Was this information helpful?