Learning Disabilities and Learning Difficulties carer support groups in West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland
Bridport Centre Carers Group
Bridport Day Services
A support group for those caring for an adult with a learning disability. The group usually meets once a month, for further details contact: Elaine Grant 01308 422666.
Dorset ADHD Support Group
3 Mountbatten Close.
Weymouth DT4 9ET
A registered charity whose aim is to inform, educate, empower and support parents and carers of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and adults with Residual Type ADD, and those working in the professional field.
Dorset Adult Aspergers Support Group
Contact: Pat Cave Tel: 07765484270 (Bournemouth and Poole Area)
Support for people with Aspergers syndrome and their carers through the provision of:
• Information, advice, training and advocacy
• The identification of gaps in service provision
• Co-operation with other agencies to promote understanding and support
Carers meetings are also held locally on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 7.15pm at:
Dorchester Community Church
Contact for Dorchester meetings is Brian Cox on 07789521758.
Wessex Autistic Society
Tel: 01202 483360
Fax: 01202 483171
The Wessex Autistic Society is a voluntary organisation, which aims to ensure that all people with autism and related conditions, and their carers in the Wessex region, have appropriate education, care, support and development services. The Society’s range of services includes:
• Day and residential education for children aged 2 – 19 at Portfield School
• A variety of social care services including residential care, supported living, community support and short breaks
• Information, advice and advocacy (see below)
• Training and conferences
Information and Advice Service
The Wessex Autistic Society
South Grove Cottage
Tel: 01305 213135 (staffed 10am – 4pm)