0300 111 3303

Tax exemption for your vehicle

If you are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at the higher rate mobility component or War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement you may be able to apply for tax exemption on your vehicle. On receipt of one of these benefits, you may be entitled to an exemption certificate. You will need this to get your free tax disc. Your exemption certificate could be the:

• Certificate of Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

• Annual Certificate of Entitlement

• DLA 404 Certificate

• MHS330 Certificate (Disabled Passenger Scheme only)

• WPA0442 War Pensioners Mobility Certificate

War Pensioners Mobility Supplement claimants will have the WP0442 Certificate, issued by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency. For further information contact:

• Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance Helpline on tel: 08457 123 456, Textphone 0845 22 44 33. Helpline is open Monday – Friday 7.30am – 6.30pm.

Email: dcpu.customer-services@dwp.gsi.gov.uk or visit

Was this information helpful?