0300 111 3303

Local bus and taxis


Buses that operate in the West Dorset and Weymouth & Portland areas:


First (South Dorset area): 01305 783645
First (North Dorset area): 01823 272033
Website: www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/dorset/

Wilts & Dorset Bus Company

(All Dorset services except Shaftesbury area): 01202 673 555
Website: www.wdbus.co.uk

Wilts & Dorset Bus Company (Shaftesbury area services): 01722 336855
Website: www.wdbus.co.uk

For more information about buses in rural Dorset contact:

Dorset Passenger Transport

Email: publictransport@dorsetcc.gov.uk
Tel: 01305 225165
Fax: 01305 225166

Taxis that operate within the West Dorset and Weymouth & Portland areas:

The following taxi companies are able to accommodate wheelchairs in their taxis. Please always confirm with the taxi company that a wheelchair accessible taxi is available before you travel.

A-Line Taxis – Dorchester Tel: 01305 262888

Bill’s Taxis – Bridport Tel: 01308 285050

Bob’s Cars – Dorchester Tel: 01305 267300 or 0800 413190

Dorset Cars – Dorchester Tel: 01305 250666

Fleetline Taxis Tel: 01305 784252 or Freephone 0500 784 252

Steve’s Cabs Tel: 07791 534415

Weyline Taxis Tel: 01305 777777

Wheelchair and disabled access hackney carriages

There are a number of hackney carriage vehicles licensed by Weymouth & Portland Borough Council specifically for the purpose of transporting disabled and/or wheelchair bound passengers. The drivers of these vehicles are available on the following telephone numbers to take advance bookings for their services:

• Mr S Burt - tel: 07791534415

• Mr D Miller- tel: 07597502403

• Fleetline - tel: 01305 785242 or 01305 784252

Useful information

Licensed taxis are by law required to carry, free of charge a guide dog, a hearing dog, or an assistance dog which accompanies a person with a physical disability or epilepsy. A driver can be prosecuted for refusing to let you take an assistance dog or charging extra to carry it. However, a driver may be able to get an exemption certificate for medical reasons. It they have an exemption certificate it must be displayed in the vehicle. Further information available at:



Was this information helpful?